Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Older Legacy seats in later Impreza?

Relating to my other thread about considering buying a 2005 Impreza, I'm curious if 2nd gen ('95- '99) Legacy seats would interchange with that car, both physically and with any wiring..

I know most people go the opposite way (putting 2000's Impreza/ WRX seats in '90's Legacy's)

The seats in the car I looked at well worn and I've never liked that style of bucket seat, personally, since our previous Impreza Outback Sport. I also have a set of very nice seats from our old '97 Legacy GT sitting in the basement that I'd love to repurpose (although there is not way the BD sedan rear seat would ever work in a GG wagon unfortunately)

• 2 weeks later...

Those LGT seats may sit really low since you'd sit extra high w/the reverse (Impreza>Legacy), but the LGT should have a height adjustment  - on the Driver's seat. And for the generations of  Subaru you're working on I've yet to see one that had bolted on rails...welded, I believe. But swapping seat belts isn't a big deal.....usually.

Edited by wtdash