Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1991 Subaru Loyale slow automatic windows

Does anyone know what causes the slow windows symptom? I've been searching around on this site for a bit, then resorted to online search engines but all I've found are issues where the window stops working entirely... nothing about how long it actually takes for the automatic windows to roll up. Is it just age.... old servo motors or something?

THANKS!

Running a new main 12+ wire to the Circuit breaker at the window relay helps, a little.

Also, check under the passenger side carpet for the red wire 5 way junction.....corrodes at the crimp joint.  Right under passengers feet.

Relay and breaker are under the seat itself.

They were always slow.

16 hours ago, DaveT said:

The grease get dried out and thick.  On the tracks.  In the gearbox.  Clean off the old stuff, apply new.  Same with the gearbox.

Exactly! Just think how much dirt and gunk has blown into the car and down into the window tracks in a car that's almost 30 years old. 

I have one window like that on my '86. The car had large dogs riding in it for a quarter century and the window they liked to stick their heads out of has its works gummed up with dog slobber.