Ultimate Subaru Message Board

This is a 1978 Subaru 4WD DL Wagon. This old girl was abandoned at my friends subaru shop and I couldn’t just let her die in a junk yard somewhere. I feel that she’s got some more joy to give. So, I towed it back to my house and started throwing parts at it. I think it has a rebuilt engine, from what I was told and what I’ve seen, but I’m not 100% on that and I can’t prove it. 

Things I’ve replaced:
Brand New Weber Carb
New header back exhaust system.
Alternator
Battery
Voltage regulator
Distributor
Condenser
Heater Control valve
Heater Core
Brakes (calipers, rotors, drums, pads and fluid)
Old School Shifter Fix
Seat Rails

Everything works and works well. It is what some would call a rough looking car, but that’s what I call charm. There is rust, the dash is cracked and the front seats are well used. It has dings and dents, but gets 30+ MPG. It will need new tires very soon. I know a guy that can hook you up with some sweet 13in winter tires for cheap. He’s legit and owns a local tire shop. 

This could all be yours for the low low price of $1200. I’m located in Portland, Oregon. Let me know if you’re interested in continuing her journey. I can be reached by email or phone to set up a meeting. Earl 971-255-2970 or jgb.design@gmail.com