Ultimate Subaru Message Board

napkin lift on the impreza

ferp420

any one ever do the napkin lift on a ej body more specificly a  imp i dident have time to pull the struts off my foresrester and wanted a lift right away and dident want to wait so i cut up some steel and in the spirit of the napkin lift i cut me some blocks and they installed just like the ea82 instant 2" lift i did have to buy a bunch of nuts and bolts but $5 for a lift isent to bad i need to finnish the rear still tomarows another day  the wheel adaptors are on there way should be here by the end of the week then i can mount up the new rims and tires then no more belly draging while getting grocerys lol

i got the rear end pushed back about 3/4 of a inch so the tire is centered now  but 2" just dosent seem like enuff lift to clear the tires so eventualy ill go down a size or 2 i cant seem to get the front end clearenced enuff for my liking as is or i would just cut more fender lol

after driving this thing with the 29" tires alittle smaller than what i had on my loyale and its alittle bit lighter im realy missing the little ea82m with everything being so close in gearing and weight there isent much differance in power if any between the stock ej22v2 and the ea82m i built i think the ea82 might even have more power with the ac on high

the only real differance i can see is the ea82m lasted 20k miles and the ej22 has 300k on it and still counting but that little ea82 was so much fun to beat on lol especialy changing timing belts in a foot and a half deep mud pit at midnight when its 30° outside lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i finnely got this rig finnished and got a chance to get out and do some dune running theres one dune i went off i dident think i was even gona make it up so i hit it hard well i made it up and then some lol you can see the hang time in the video the car goes up then hanges there before the front end drops and lands relatively smooth on the back side all and all it was a fun day out 

air at the 5 min mark

Edited by ferp420

they did but not anymore i already cut the hay out of it and installed some sweet flairs no more rubbing

the terain out here dosent get any ruffer but im not gona try to go up the back door or any of the hammers trails not with this one to be honest i went out to play tiny trucks  i was just out messin around in my back yard but i couldent resist playin in the dunes

i can post a vid of the tiny trucks jumping off the dunes if ya want

qmLXfrW.jpg

Edited by ferp420

On 10/4/2019 at 4:57 PM, ferp420 said:

they did but not anymore i already cut the hay out of it and installed some sweet flairs no more rubbing

the terain out here dosent get any ruffer but im not gona try to go up the back door or any of the hammers trails not with this one to be honest i went out to play tiny trucks  i was just out messin around in my back yard but i couldent resist playin in the dunes

i can post a vid of the tiny trucks jumping off the dunes if ya want

qmLXfrW.jpg

Now that's more like it!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 11/23/2019 at 11:06 PM, scalman said:

Why you like those tires? They good offroading in your area? Mean no mud no wet and such.

well the brand sponsers racing events out by my house and they hold up realy good in my terrain there awsome sand tires there also realy good an any loose surface and snow there all terain tires not mud tires but i did do alittle mudding yesterday and they did great i have a set on my rc car too  yes they make them in a scale version too or close too slightly different tread more a mud tire than a allterain tire but still same brand same basic tread pattern

the bigest reason though they were cheaper than 2 tires from any other manufaturer

i can go from sand to mud to snow to rocks all on the same trail so i need a all around tire that dose everything and this is my grocery getter so it needs to work good onroad too heres a quick vid going from the highway to my house coming back from the store

my property starts at around the 2:25 mark after thats its just driving around to the other side of the property

Edited by ferp420

• 1 month later...

so i bent the lift blocks lol goin alittle to fast through the woops and caught a big one right on the kisser and opps why is my tire rubbing all the sudden lol

time to make a real lift kit for it the napkin lift did its job i dident exspect to have any issues with it but i was wong oh well thats how it goes