I was thinking about put a JDM EJ20 SOHC non turbo  motor into a 1998 Outback that has the factory USDM EJ25 DOCH motor.  Can I swap the intake manifolds, like you could,  on a  USDM SOHC EJ25?   If so then has anyone done this and what (if any) are the differences in the two swaps?   Thank you for taking the time to read this.  

That depends. The EJ20E motor will work with an EJ22E manifold and wiring harness. But EJ20E is almost non existant anymore.

I should have specified that I am looking at a EJ203 non turbo JDM from Japan Direct in Ontario Canada. 

Per this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru_EJ_engine The EJ203 is Phase 2 / II engine. You'd need a Phase 1  / I engine. So, your IM won't fit regardless. Easiest swap is the '95-98 USDM EJ22e. It's been covered on here a lot.

There is a Phase 1 JDM EJ20D DOHC (NOT the EJ20G/K/R turbo versions), listed in that link too, which should work w/your IM, but not sure those were ever imported to the US for swaps. Not sure I've ever seen one.

Edited by wtdash