Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Front rotor diameter on a 90 Legacy wagon?

I think they only came from the factory with 10 inch diameter rotors?  front "260mm" - rear "266mm".  I'm just not completely certain? I have a set of front slotted and drilled rotors that are 11 inch dia. (277mm) and not compatible. 

Edited by darsdoug

On 7/13/2019 at 12:49 PM, heartless said:

according to the parts catalog I have for those years they either had 14" or 15" rotors for the front

I was focused on a brake disc diameter question. Not "wheel size". Am I missing something here ? Brain cells perhaps? Bwahaha! 

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 12:49 PM, heartless said:

according to the parts catalog I have for those years they either had 14" or 15" rotors for the front

Uhhhh….  I don't think any production Subaru has EVER had 14-15 in. rotors.  STI Brembos are only like 12.1 in. or something.

On 7/13/2019 at 12:49 PM, heartless said:

^Just to clarify for others....this is the WHEEL size. Not the rotor size.

Per Cars101.com:

L, LS, LSi: 10.2" vented front disc, 10.5 rear disc = Tire, Wheel: AWD- all season P185/70HR14, 5.5jj; FWD- all season P175/70HR14 5jj; Single-piston Caliper
Sport sedan / Touring Wagon (turbo): 10.9" vented front disc, 10.5 vented rear disc  = 15" wheel; 195/60R15 ; Dual/Twin-piston Caliper

Oh well I wasn't paying attention last week when I ordered front 277mm rotors for my 90 legacy wagon from E-bay. I sure don't need to drink to get stupid. :wacko: ha ha. I'm pretty sure they will fit the 04 Forester I sold to a friend. They didn't come with the ceramic pads their ad claimed would arrive with em. I initiated a return, but I think I'll just bag it.