Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA-81 Fuel injected engine

Two more questions. Can I put a Carb intake manifold on a Fuel injected engine, (EA-81),  and leave the injectors in the head just to block the injector holes?

And does any one have a Carb intake manifold for sale? Thanks, Wain

Why not get funky and run the EA82 MPFI system with those heads? 

The only real mod needed is to the dizzy and that’s well documented. Then it’s the wiring loom. 

But yes, you could run the carb on the efi heads with injectors as  plug.

Cheers 

Bennie

Thanks for your response. Simplicity is the reason. I use the EA-81 engine in my trikes, and they require no extra wiring. Basically they hook up just like the VW engine, and are adapted to a VW trans-axle.  Also I am in the middle of the US and  parts are very hard to find.  I would give some thought to the newer generation of engines, but I am 83 years and kind of set in my ways. Again Thank you for your answer, Have a wonderful life!

• Like 1

I would be glad to trade. I have a set from an 83 sta wag. showed 80+thousand on the speedometer when I pulled it. Might still have the turbo and some other stuff. I sure need a carb intake manifold also. I have to pull the heads.   Address is: Carl W Lee, 18 Burgher dr, Rolla, Mo. 65401.    Email wainlee17@hotmail.com

Thanks, wain