Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Springs: moog 854 or 856?

19 hours ago, armedequation said:

The rear diff is incorporated into the subframe and both were dropped when the lift was done. If need be i will make drop brackets but im gonna roll with it first and see what happens. With tires on the angle isnt as bad as the pic above with the tires off and the back end jacked up

right on just sayin you might need to make new brackets cause your adding more lift

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, armedequation said:

I appreciate all the info i can get Ferp! Got them put together today so hopefully have them on and rolling by tomorrow and i will have some results for you guys!

sweet pics are great but nothin beats video lol good luck and enjoy

if it dosent settle out stack about 500 lbs on the front end with some kinda cargo carrier and go for a nice mellow ride and work those springs alittle so they settle down some or get a big winch and stick it in the reciver and do some wheelin thats what i did they ended up inbetween stock stiffnes and new stiffnes

my springs took about 6 months to break in havent noticed any change since and that was years ago

you should be good even with my 300lb winch after break in its still better than the stock springs

Edited by ferp420

Dropped the kids off at the grandparents and went for a small drive. Wash board was rough but i believe the wrx seats helped with that. Definitely made some adjustment to how i drive it. No more body roll and it stays firm through turns. Overall im very happy with them. Next is a brake job and new tie rod end links with an alignment.

First pic is just a humorous one that shows how it sits next to the parents rav4. 2nd is on top of miller fork road 

20190825_141752_compress21.jpg

20190825_150003_compress93.jpg

20190825_141723_compress30.jpg

• Like 1

Grizzly,

They are super stiff! I dont have much weight up front so i will be adding a winch. Probably fabricate something here soon when im not cutting firewood, working or trying to chase down my kids. 

I almost got upset when someone asked me if it was a 4runner...lol

Edited by armedequation

On 8/30/2019 at 5:56 AM, GrizzlyFox said:

Any more updates on ride quality? I'm looking to order the same front springs, and hope to hear they're much stiffer than the stock ones. I am building a snow plow rig for my loyale, and the stock springs seem way too soft. 

i had 300lbs hanging off the front of mine with that much more waight it was still slightly stiffer than stock it should work for your plow but its gona handle like poop so becarefull at freeway speeds also it will add 1-2 of lift so your camber is gona be off a bit

Edited by ferp420

What has been helping with my fronts is ive been parking it with the front facing down hill and adding sandbags ontop of the hood directly over the springs. If theres not much weight on the front, id recommend cutting 1.75 inches off (like on adventure subarus website) because i dont think theres much difference between the 854s and 856s. Because of my lack of weight, i may ultimately end up doing that. I just want to see where they end up before doing that 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

grizzly ~ im sure having the plow weight helps too.

Loyale~ sorry i didnt respond before now. i havent been able to drive it much. i have to swap the rear diff before taking it out amd we have had huge snow storms lately. i dont have a garage and ive had a ton of firewood to work on so its kind of gone on the back burner. i also have to get some outer tie rod ends as well. it sucks because i wouldve loved to have taken it out in the 2+ foot snowstorm we had..