Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Seeking info for an ej25 build.

Slim96cobra

Hey guys, I own a 2002 Subaru Impreza Ts Wagon, Naturally aspirated EJ25 SOHC 2.5l, with an automatic. The car I want is a wrx, but while I save for that i want to make this a pretty sweet little backup car. Wondering what little things I could do to make it have a little more spunk. 

hard to get much out of the NA cars, turbos have room to take advantage of tuning.

You can make it more fun to throw around the corners;  stickier tires, springs, rear sway bar, street pads on the brakes, ...lighter weight rims give you a chance to personalize the car and gain a pony or 2 back from parasitic loss. maybe a lightweight crank pulley too.

pull out any tools or other weight to lighten it. If you are always near home base and can call/get help easily, take the spare and jack tools out.

Not worth it if you really want speed. Put the cash for those upgrades somewhere more effective.  

If you want suspension then legacygt and nasioc are probably a better place.  

No real gains so you can basically do whatever you want for fun or learning or play or bling bling.  There’s no practical gains to be had on NA, law of diminishing returns every step of the way.