Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have a 2007 Outback with manual non-heated seats. I also have access to a 2007 Outback with electric seats that are heated. The interior in my Outback is trashed and I want to swap the good interior from the broken car into mine. Has anybody dealt with installing seats that have wiring for electric and/or heated situations? I'm assuming that the entire wiring harness to some degree needs to be changed. Anybody that's been through the process could help me save time I'd appreciate it.

All the love from Colorado! 

1 hour ago, FerGloyale said:

Power seat just needs a 12v+ wire run to it.

Heating elements need the switches, but i agree with uniberp that the switch wiring is probably there under the carpet.

And if you’re pulling the interior from another vehicle you’ll have everything you need for this conversion/swap. 

Wiring will be under the carpet of the donor, if not in your vehicle, you’ll probably find that the under carpet wiring will plug in under the dashboard somewhere on your vehicle. 

Cheers 

Bennie

• 2 weeks later...

Did you check to see how the wiring plugged into the main harness? I still reckon your wiring has the plugs to run the seats wiring system. 

My old brumby from the 80’s has the plug under the dashboard for the electric windows from the touring wagon of the same model shape. They’ve been doing it for THAT long! 

Cheers 

Bennie