Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 T fuel pump specs??

There seems to be a few variants on external EFI pumps to suit our EA82T. 12 mm inlet, 8 mm outlet is what I am aiming for

But options are on the litres or gallons per hour at ? BAR

Some are quoting the volume at three bar ~45psi, others at 5bar ~75 psi

The injectors want 35 or so and maybe 45 psi ain't enough I read here or FB with a just because needs it higher sort of reason

Anyone got official litres per hour at so many psi?

Thinking the 070 Bosch equivalent likely made in Czech republic will do the job

Naru to the rescue ! Thanks

Just what section of the manuals did you find this matey?

The FSMs have invaluable detail spread about in an odd way sometimes

I had 36 psi in mind from series One turbo manuals and used this in practice , finding I had 36psi at idle, dropping to 10 under load explaining why it lacked any giddy up. Needing to tap the pump with a hammer to get it started must have been a clue something was on its way out in that case :)

I simply ordered a pump to suit same era Nissan 3.0 litre turbo and non turbo - an engine GM-H fitted to their mainstay sedan , the VL Commodore. Incidentally in 87 the Vortex turbo had a list price double that of a base model turbo Commodore

When ordering this pump a dozen years ago I did not even consider flow rates at pressure or deadhead pressures - sales guys not want to complicate things ! Though now on eBay sellers putting all info forward , detailing a Bosch replacement number, still find they have differing specs for same Bosch number !

Now, to find a 12 mm fuel pressure filter....

4 hours ago, Steptoe said:

Now, to find a 12 mm fuel pressure filter....

12mm seems quite large! Why not use a liberty filter from the Gen1? It’s mounted in the engine bay. They also fit in the L series efi filter mount if you happen to have one. 

Cheers 

Bennie

On 8/9/2019 at 4:45 PM, Steptoe said:

Naru to the rescue ! Thanks

Just what section of the manuals did you find this matey?

The FSMs have invaluable detail spread about in an odd way sometimes

Section 2-8 of the 89 FSM "fuel system'

blob.thumb.png.a8d1cf896147d866150693ef34e64f0b.png

Pretty sure I have this somewhere, thanks

Starting be confused with eBay listings to suit same vehicle yet specs differ between sellers. I will aim for similar figures.

To add to confusion I got talking to a guy who used to work in F1 development in the ECU and injection area,

He suggested I really don't want FPR working all the time with pressures much over injectors need but did not get time to discuss the variations the vacuum must cause