Ultimate Subaru Message Board

help me crack a block **still need help**

I place the block on the ground on it's top and stand on the two halves while a friend belts it with a deadblow hammer. I know you have stated that the bolts are out, but the one that sits in the right hand side oil gallery is often overlooked. There is also two tabs that can be used for drifting on the centre line of the blocks.

I place the block on the ground on it's top and stand on the two halves while a friend belts it with a deadblow hammer. .

that sounds like it would work. but couldn't that do some damage?

and yes the beellhousing is off and all bolts are out ive checked and checked and checked. there are 9 bolts, 1 nut, plus one or two bolts underneath (inside the pan) plus a peg inside the pan. even with 1 bolt still in, i should see the block starting to crack. i'll hit it w/ penetrant and let it soak overnight. then should i heat it?

you do have the gaskets off right?

it should not take that much to pop it apart. if you really do have it all free I would verry carfully pry the halfs apart after some good wacks with the dead blow hamer.

I have a tool used for carpentry I guess that is thin and sharp on the end yet verry strong used for prying stuff. It works great on thing like that. I wish I knew the correct name for it. I asked a carpenter friend and he called it a hoochie bar:rolleyes: dont think thats the propper name.