Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I'm looking to upgrade my 2007 Outback with a little stiffer suspension since I often haul a lot of equipment or tools in the back of the car.  I believe I read somewhere a long time ago that one could install the struts and springs from a 2000 - 2004 Outback into these newer Subaru's to beef up the suspension a little.  Does anyone have info on this conversion or anything that would help me get a stronger set-up on the rear suspension?

I don't know for sure, I've done a lot of digging to try to find factory spring rates for these, my old notes show stock (00-04 OBW) rear springs at 190lb/in, Rallitek is 355 lb/in, and King stiffer still.

If anything, I would assume the opposite. They have identical rear suspension, but the '05-'09s are heavier.

Subiefish makes a lift kit that utilizes Tacoma front struts/springs in the rear of the Outback, but they want pretty good money for it. I have some stock takeoffs from a '13 Tacoma offroad (factory Bilsteins) that I plan to experiment with. Standard Tacomas have 495 lb/in springs, and Offroad with 595, so that's probably too much, but gives me something to experiment with.