Ultimate Subaru Message Board

91 xt6

xafosx

So i stumbled on one of these beauts on fb marketplace today. Pear white and Its ridiculously clean, seems like a great project car. Iv never ever seen these before and i almost wanna see if this guy will take my 97 lgt for trade could yall share your xt6 pics i feel like these have massive potential..:wub:

Owned a total of 5 over the years and enjoyed all of them but let my last one go around 10 years ago. Never had a serious problem with any of them but parts availability started to become a real issue.  Certain parts just don't exist anymore. Just thought I'd mention this.  A real bummer when the engine needs eg an oil pump.  As an aside, the last one I parted with, sold to a friend that later sold it to another friend and she is still on the road. 

Depends what you mean by potential. If you mean racing or aftermarket parts galore or original parts availability, then it has little potential, or well below average or no more than any other car.

If you mean 1980s aesthetics which doesn’t feel like you’re going to get run over on the daily commute, good 4WD, and predictable reliability then yes they’re good cars. But you’ll have a lot of points to assess to be reliable simply due to age at this point. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/3/2019 at 5:26 AM, el_freddo said:

Buy buy buy. Then drop in a 3L H6 AWD setup ;) 

Cheers 

Bennie

This is exactly what im doing.... almost no point other than a mint collector to keep the ER in place. Its 2019 parts almost dont exist and swapping is king right now. Gotta keep them alive and keep them fun!

11 hours ago, jdmleggy97 said:

This is exactly what im doing.... almost no point other than a mint collector to keep the ER in place. Its 2019 parts almost dont exist and swapping is king right now. Gotta keep them alive and keep them fun!

And keep the stock drivetrain o the shelf if you have the means to store it. 

Cheers 

Bennie