Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Repair EA81 seats ....

Instead of chasing seats to make fit the Brumby and suit my driving position, I am thinking of swapping the seat squab springs and foam from passenger seat to drivers

Also thinking of modern seats having a metal bucket instead of foam over springs, wondering if I can make or convert mine to same

MX5 / Miata seats would be ideal except for cost, so wanna work with what I have

I've swapped passenger side foam and upholstery to the driver's side on several cars now and it's a great way to freshen an old driver's seat.  I tend to snip the hog rings, recycle them and replace them with small zip-ties to make installation simpler.  If you have a nice, spare passenger's seat there is no reason not to give it a try!

I think many seats are also just ever so slightly made to angle in towards the centre

These seats have the fold release lever of coupes in the Brumbies so these would also prevent straight side swapping

Getting a bit sick if passengers saying how comfy the seats are - not true on my side ( at present, just wait)

Zip ties good idea. I threw out my fence netting hog tie pliers mistakenly it now seems lo