Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ22 Throwout bearing sleeve

Hello everyone!

I am redoing my clutch on my 1991 Subaru Legacy fwd and this is the kit I bought:  https://www.carid.com/sachs/clutch-kit-mpn-kf738-01.html?singleid=1711581778?utm_source=email&utm_medium=order&utm_campaign=order_notification_mail

The new throwout bearing is just ever so slightly to small for the sleeve that it sits on, like maybe just 1mm or so. I am not sure if they changed the sleeve mid year or something, but I cannot for the life of me find somewhere that will sell the sleeve. Does anyone know about the size difference or where I can get a sleeve? 

I was thinking about getting the sleeve lathed down a little to make it fit if all else fails but I hope not lol!

Thank you for any help!

Sleeve is from an aftermarket kit not factory.

Take it off and examine the trans quill surface underneath the sleeve.

if that area is relatively smooth, simply install the new throwout directly there.  That is how they came factory.

If that sleeve was put on because the quill is badly damaged (from spun TO bearing)  then the repair sleeve is still needed, and you need the larger TO bearing that ifts over it.

GD may have a part # for it IIRC.

• Thanks 1