Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Changed battery in outback, error lights

2010 2.5L outback, petrol. 143,000k's.

Wife called me yesterday, car wouldn't start (not turning over at all). 

Called roadside assistance, they deemed a crapped out battery. 

When I got home from work I replaced the battery with a brand new one, it was a bit larger CCA wise.

Tried turning car on, it turned over but wouldn't fire. I pulled keys out, and then tried again. Car turned on fine. 

But a few error messages remain on the dash, picture included. I checked output of alternator, 14.5v. Seat belt and handbrake light do extinguish normally :) But not whatever the P with the crossout is?

Any ideas what I should do? Leave it for a while and see if they'll clear themselves? 

Cheers :)

IMG_20190910_122531.jpg

Edited by metalfanmartin
typos/extra info

On 9/10/2019 at 2:41 PM, GeneralDisorder said:

Low voltage codes. They will likely clear on their own after a few drive cycles. The initial crank but no start is normal for all the 04+ DBW cars. You have to power on the ECU then wait about 15 seconds for it to initialize. 

GD

Thanks for the reply mate. 

Still showing the error codes :( I've even tried plugging an OBDII thing in and clearing the codes, it didn't appear to do anything. Doesn't even show the codes on the OBDII? I must be doing something wrong lol. 

2 hours ago, CNY_Dave said:

Is 2010 new enough to be one of the ones where all hell breaks loose when you change the battery or jump start it?

It would appear so! It's due for a 12m service, I wonder if I should just ask the mechanic to clear the codes, or whether they're gonna try and charge me heaps for it -_-