Ultimate Subaru Message Board

no ive been fixing up an impreza to sell and im down to the last repair a bad rear wheel bearing. it had drum brakes and i have rear hubs with disk brakes. i was hoping to find out if it was possible to push the hub out of the disk setup without damaging the bearing so i could swap the backing plates with the drum setup to the "new hub" then press the hub back into the bearing. otherwise ill probly just convert it to disk rear because i have the parts and dont really wanna spend money in this car if i dont have to.

Edited by sirtokesalot

not sure how it would end up on a worn set, on a new set when i pushed out the hub again it was very little effort on the press, like only moderate finger pressure on the lever. 

no way to tell until you do it, if it binds and you have to press hard to pop it off, it's likely too late...  and most of the time that's the case.

i grabbed a junk yard hub today and of course the junk yard hub came off without much fuss. i wish it was the same case with the car im working on. i had to sawzall the bolt to get the hub off and ive been working on drilling out the big a** bolt from the bushings. killed all 4 of my batteries today so i quit for the night gonna finish it tomarrow after my batteries charge up.

Edited by sirtokesalot