Ultimate Subaru Message Board

How is everyone?

Hi there!

My name is Tony i have a 30th anniversary legacy wagon that I have owned since 2015.  Since i have gotten the car i have done a few things to it such as head gaskets, timing belt and components, power steering pump, throw-out bearing shaft repair sleeve, 6 puck sprung clutch, Kart-boy lightened crank pulley, and me and my friend at the machine shop did a pretty aggressive  port job on the heads and intake. I also replaced the oil pan because I hit a monstrous rock out in the middle of the desert and it blew i giant hole in it.  

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

oh well hello! I just logged back in and saw you guys had replied to my post. Actually at the time I was living in Salina, Ut and the desert was the one that is between that city and Richfield,Ut. I was traveling westbound into the afternoon sun and while blinded by the glare on my windshield I managed to hit this monstrous lone rock sticking up right outta the dirt road i was on in the middle of nowhere. i went another twenty or so feet and had a bad feeling so I got out and saw a 6"x20'  pool of oil trailing my car. I had a friend of mine @ that time go my garage and grab my JB weld putty and JB weld steel and my 5 quart jug of oil. i mixed up the putty and jammed that hole up in the oil pan then painted over it with JB weld steel waited about 2 hrs for it to set up then filled her up

Yes it actually amazing to have an in with a machine shop i think i paid him $80 for all that head work and porting. He just recently moved to Texas though.  When i replaced the oil pan and had the engine on the stand in my garage I actually did the head gaskets and timing set due to the dreaded 2.2l hesitation between idle rpm and about 2500 rpm because i had a tech diagnose it as timing being 1 tooth off. Alas id did not fix that issue. In fact,  4 years later and I'm still chasing that demon out..