Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Replacement EA82 Parking Lamp Sockets Available?

I was wondering if anyone had found a direct-replacement for the parking lamp bulb socket on the EA82 chassis.  Nearly every one I've laid eyes on is brittle, broken and turning to dust.  They're getting to the point where they don't even hold the bulb inside the lamp properly and I've resorted to taping the socket to the back side of the lamp.

I haven't pulled up the OEM part number yet (assuming it's obsolete, based on the failure rate I'm seeing in the field) and RockAuto doesn't list a direct replacement.

So, what have you folks been doing about these bulb sockets?

I found a spare one to look at.  Hmmm.  One of the locks is crumbled off...  another is intact.   This post also reminded me how most of the bulbs in mine are + or - 30 years old, and Oem. 

I might try to 3D print a replacement part using abs.

And any OEM L series parts are basically NLA - it’s believed that the tsunami that took out the Fukushima nuclear power plant also took out the warehouse that had all the MY and L series parts.

A guy in our car club got a new facia for his Vortex, ex Japan. After the tsunami he’s had zero success in getting other trim pieces that were listed as available pre tsunami. 

I’ve also not come across this issue and our Aussie sun is pretty harsh on car components. 

Cheers 

Bennie

• 1 month later...

Also I had this problem with Sockets...

For one / two contact bulbs, it is not a Problem, as I buy "Flösser" brand (Made in Germany) Sockets for 1156 bulbs, here in my little mountany town's car parts stores; Flösser bulbs are also available...

Floumlsser%20Sockets%20for%201156%20Bulb

...but the Problem are the LADM (Latin American Specs) Corner Lights and their T-10 Bulbs's sockets; they had a weird three locks pattern, which I couldn't find anywhere.

Kind Regards.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/2/2019 at 8:29 PM, ferp420 said:

i use chevy sockets or what ever i have laying around the housings need slight modification but thats what i did

Yeah, I've used a stepper  bit in a drill to open up the hole large enough to fit the universal old Ford type (round with spring tabs). 

The biggest reason I did this was to use 2 fillament, amber bulbs in the corner markers to have them be both marker and turn indicator.

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 9:43 AM, FerGloyale said:

Yeah, I've used a stepper  bit in a drill to open up the hole large enough to fit the universal old Ford type (round with spring tabs). 

The biggest reason I did this was to use 2 fillament, amber bulbs in the corner markers to have them be both marker and turn indicator.

@FerGloyale Do you have photos of the modification?

Edited by carfreak85