Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Get a 4 wheel alignment.  They will tell you what is out.  Auto or Manual Trans?  Torque bind could also be a problem if an auto.

There is no camber on the rear.  Aftermarket Camber bolts are available.  I've also used smaller dia bolts on the top so I could manually adjust the camber when I put Forester struts on Impreza OBS.

• Like 1

Imdew is right, there is no factory adjustment for Camber on the rear. Camber is how much the tire tilts in or out at the top.

1 Lucky Texan is right on.

Tires will wear on the inside if they are Toed out too much. The manual calls for a slight toe-in on the rear tires. Front tires are 0 toe-in.

You might want to check Toe-in on the rear tires. This is not perfect, but it will give you an idea if the Toe is way out or not. Get someone to help. Use a wide tape measure and check the front and rear of the rear tires. Hook the end of the tape in the outer most groove of the tread of the left tire and read the measurement to the outer most groove on the right tire. Since this Forrester does have a Toe-in you will have to do both measurements at the same height form the ground. Keep the tape taught and as straight as possible. Compare the two measurements.

From the FSM. 2±3 mm (0.08±0.12 in) When performing toe-in adjustment, align to 2 mm (0.08 in) as near as possible. (I think they are talking per side here but not sure). Also this would be at center line with the axle and you are measuring below that, so your measurement should show a little less Toe-in.

If your measurements show a Toe-out, then check all the rubber bushings in the 2 Lateral Links and the Trailing Arm on each side. Compare side to side. Look for cracks in the rubber bushings.

The inner bolt on both left and right Rear Lateral Links is used for adjusting Toe-in, so they may look off center.

Changing those parts can be a real pain.