Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Goodbye Hatchback

Well, someone hit my car out front of work, and the insurance company is saying it’s totaled. Still waiting on confirmation from third party, but just thought I would see if anyone wants the WHOLE thing. Otherwise I’m gonna let it go to the abyss.

It was my daily driver, but I gotta keep insurance for things like this, so I have to move on. My insurance will not insure salvage titles.

I don’t have a price yet, but first person to contact me about a serious buy, gets the car.

Located around Medford Oregon. 

8072550C-174A-4772-B7EE-F015089B3E4B.jpeg

F15FE614-3C73-490A-B942-C899A7D230F5.jpeg

Your insurance company sucks. That’s not totalled!! That a damaged bumper bar! 

My brumby was backed into by a tray back ute that sliced open my front right hand guard like a tin can. The insurance company found a new guard and replaced it. Now that panel is the best looking one on the car! 

I hope it’s not totalled. Too straight to have a salvage title on it. 

Cheers 

Bennie

That is the problem with these cars.  You pretty much have to do all the repairs yourself to keep them low cost.  And that also means storing and collecting NLA parts.   If that happened to one of my wagons, I'd go to the shed, pull out a bumper and bolt it on.  Insurance wouldn't even know.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Unknownjeremiah said:

I have a brat in a storage unit with a bunch of parts. I was tboned in the brat 5 months after I got it. Insurance did nothing. 

That’s really balls. Not much you could do there otherthan sell parts. 

Front bumper from the brat will bolt on your hatch. 

Even then, some wire or cable ties and you’ll have your bumper reattached and ready for action again!

Cheers 

Bennie

• 1 month later...

Sounds like you've made up your mind, and I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but have you considered bolting on a 2x8 to act as a wooden bumper until you have some time & loot to fix it properly? 

I don't know the laws where you live, and this probably wouldn't fly here in Massachusetts, but this was a pretty common "repair" when I was growing up in VA. You can take the boy out of the South....

It's a nice car and I'd hate to see it discarded because of s lame insurance adjuster.

On 10/17/2019 at 2:53 PM, Unknownjeremiah said:

Two different companies have said it’s a total loss because the repairs cost more than the “value” of the car. 

I have mid terms this week, and I’m not really able to deal with all this. I NEED a driving car with insurance. 

That is correct, they won't pony up to repair if the vehicle isn't deemed worth the money, or is valueless. I think that's all car insurance companies.