Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Good day

The leaking crimping on my 2004 2.0X MT radiator is getting worse, time for a new radiator

Would like to go with OEM quality DENSO, a bit unclear if there are differences at all between the radiator of the M and A/T.

Denso catalog says, M, then other models M/A.....

Main reason i am asking is that i am able to get the DRM36002 at half the price of the DRM36001 or DRM36004, dimesnionaly they seem all the same

Wonder if anyone is aware of difference between MT and AT radiators...

tnxs

denso.jpg

Subaru MT and AT radiators are identical in terms of fitment, so buy whichever is cheaper. 

AT will have ATF cooler and pipes.  Sometimes those pipes need cut or bent to fit. As they’re unneeded, this doesn’t matter.  Aftermarket radiators will make one radiator for both MT and AT. 

It makes sense AT are cheaper as volume is much higher.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The AT trans radiator fitted my MT perfectly, no bother with the nipples, so Ido, tnxs for your tip.

Did a timing belt change while there, was all a pretty easy job honestly, much easier to do than on my 1st and 2nd gen legacies due to all radiator screws being at the top, just disconnect hoses and plugs, and it's off in a jiffy, then drop in inot the holes just as easy

• Like 1