Ultimate Subaru Message Board

99 legacy outback wagon steering knuckle INTERCHANGEABLY

1 hour ago, Sawnawnaw said:

Can someone please tell me which knuckle will interchange with my legacy outback wagon I have a 2000 legacy wagon but they don't look the same or at least the brakes and stuff are different. Also the 2000 is non abs and the 99 lobw has abs. 

You should tell us what you’re trying to do - exactly what year/model knuckle you’re trying to put on what car. 

Generally all 95-99 legacy and outback ABS are interchanageable.

all 2000-2004 legacy/outback ABS are interchangeable. 

Nonabs can use just about anything   

1. If the car has ABS and you want the ABS to work:

99 needs 95-99 outback or legacy knuckles with ABS. 

2. If the car doesn’t have ABS or you don’t need abs to work then you can use any 1995-2004 legacy or outback or Forster or Impreza knuckle.  

You can install the 2000 knuckle on the 99 but the abs just wont  work.  Pull the fuse to disable it   

You can install ABS knuckles on non-abs cars, the sensor can just be ignored (cut the wire to the sensor) and ignore the tone ring. 

Forster and Impreza knuckles work on legacy/outbacks but the abs is sometimes different depending on year. 

Edited by idosubaru

If you need a knuckle for a 95-99 Outback Drivers side I have a refurbished one with new bearing, new hub, new seals and new ball joint.  $100 shipped to anywhere in 48 US states.

It won't fit your 2000 Outback though

Edited by Mike104
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 10/31/2019 at 9:32 PM, Mike104 said:

If you need a knuckle for a 95-99 Outback Drivers side I have a refurbished one with new bearing, new hub, new seals and new ball joint.  $100 shipped to anywhere in 48 US states.

It won't fit your 2000 Outback though

Do you still happen to have this?

• 1 year later...