Ultimate Subaru Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
Guest subarustyles

how much will the tranny handle

Guest subarustyles

Ok, so I'm currently looking to buy a 5spd transmission w locking diff&lsd......

..........My question is that this fall when I buy an adpator plate and put an EJ20t in my car:D will that EA82 tranny take the power of the new motor...I am in discussion right now about a clutch but any opinions on the subject of how strong the trany's are will be great....

Guest baccaruda

i know that the wrx transmissions are a lot bigger than out older ones are... that's why there are clearance issues when you put in one of those transmissions. they probably need that size to be useful to such a stronger engine. I wouldn't bet on an EA82 trans lasting long if you're putting in a WRX engine.

Guest subarustyles

so sandhappy has or is putting an EJ in his RX with the stock tranny... I would like to know how its working for him

Guest Flowmastered87GL

I kinda doubt it would hold up. Its designed for 115 stock HP and if you are running 250+ :eek:

Personally I think you should do like corky did in U-RX and run all EJ series components. However... we wont know unless someone experiments....