Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2011 Subaru legacy 2.5 limited code p0500 present with a flashing Cruise light and a flashing red break light and check engine light fot the p0500 code. the traction icon and the abs light are on also.

looking for info on how to fix. Thanks 

Sorry I should have mentioned it is a automatic tranny. I did clear the code and it comes back on as soon as you start driving again. Is there another name for the sensor? Or is it called a speed sensor? Can it be checked for resistance or how would you check it? 

Thanks for the info.

Steve

Further I assume it is a cvt rather than a 4EAT (4 speed). But in case of the 4eat it is quite hard to reach as it is on the upper left side of the transmission case. You could disconnect the transmission harness and reconnect or even spray the connector with wd40.

I pulled the followingABS codes today with a different scanner  C0057  ABS/VDC-anti-lock brake System/Vehicle Dynamic Control,   C0234 EPB-Electronic Parking Brake,                                      C0231 EPB,  C0028 Rear Left ABS Sensor Signal,  C0024 Front Left ABS Sensor Signal and C0057 ECM Control System 

I will check for the speed sensor and get back with you Thanks

So basically the abs system is messed up by missing info because:

The front speed sensor knows the axle rotation to the or in the front diff, so actually the front axles. Now, normally both front axles spin at equal speed, measured by the abs tone ring in the wheel hub (abs speed sensor). When you take a turn the left and right side axles will rotate at different speed but that is know by the steering angle sensor mounted to the power steering module. So:

VDC comes in place here, when for example the diff spins with x-revolutions both front axles should do the same. If 1 wheel has no grip the diff uncouples and sends all the power there (least resistance), abs/vdc computer sees that and brakes (abs) the spinning wheel -> to transfer power to the other front wheel. (electronic diff 'lock')

Parking brake could be on front wheels these days but I have no idea

Strange thing here is both front and back Left abs sensor is messing up. Could be that the fall back of missing front speed sensor is the abs wheel speed sensor between front and rear. Maybe you also have a somewhat deflated tire.