Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1991 XT6 won’t idle, runs rough

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of updates, I suck

i sent the car to a shop *cough* and they sat on it for a week before they said they wouldn’t touch it because the passenger side floor is rotted (I can’t see it from underneath, I’m trying to pull up the carpet, I got as far as trying to access the bolt inside the seatbelt assy but didn’t have an extension to reach in there and I had to go to work)

thankfully I have a relative in Virginia who does welding and he’s agreed to work on the car for me and sort out the rust issues, then there’s also a shop in his city thats familiar with these cars (The Subie Guy) who I’ve talked to and I’m hoping to send the car to VA to get all of these issues tackled.  There have been professional mechanics getting at this car for years and sadly if they couldn’t sort it out I don’t think I could get anything accomplished.  On the other hand, I also have the service manuals and I’m attempting to go through those and learn myself on what’s what.  Then I open the hood and stare at the engine like it’s a pizza.  

again I’m sorry to ignore this thread, I’m very skittish :(

i can update again when stuff actually starts happening if anyone is interested.