Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Finally bagged my Fozzy, welcome to the world of Soob

Greetings all.

My long and arduous search finally paid off, and I landed a really clean 09 Forester Premium with a tick over 80k. I have begun embellishing my imagination and assembling ideas for the kind of rig I want Moonbeam to become. What might one want to take care of first? I am dreaming of an eventual 1.5" lift (Possibly from Primitive Racing), a beefy bar up front, and modular roof-rack system up top, DIY awning, not to mention interior conversions to make her a bid more ready for the back-country.

Also, what oil and filter should I look for? I have found a lot of older articles stating that most filters are not suited for the 2.5's pressure specs. Thoughts?

547B10F1-1B1E-4423-8F87-1F5A1A40B859.jpeg

8 hours ago, Sonicfrog said:

AWESOME!!!!

I just picked up an 09 turbo last weekend. Love It!!!! I loved my 2005, but this is such an improved vehicle.

That is a pretty rig! The only turbo in my area had apparently been owned by a packet wild dogs, and also has almost 120k. I am honestly pretty happy with the 2.5 NA's ability to scoot, at least compared to my 01 Cherokee!