Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My 1991 XT6

toomanynooks

I’d like to make a thread about my car too.  I call her Christine because she is the 13th Subaru I’ve owned, and she is haunted and scary lol

I already started a help thread 

But I figured I’d make a thread here so I can post more nonsense lol

Link to pics and info on repairs performed by the previous owner over the last few years: 

https://imgur.com/a/50xmXpv

and here’s a longer idling video 

I’ll come back to this later because I’m at work right now 

4B753C5C-7DDE-4F9E-8FE0-622DB54A8DC7.jpeg

Edited by toomanynooks

Tonight my plan was to take a gander at the exhaust and figure out why it was so loud, plus the coolant temp sensor because according to my research & receipts it may need attention

instead I stuck to what I’m good at (not great but passable anyway, I know enough to HATE swirl marks) I gave her a wash & wax and cleaned the filthy interior... granted the exterior was also filthy.  (I also followed a redditors suggestion to try water remover & fuel injector cleaner) 

This poor car was COVERED in pine needles and tar... tar is still there unfortunately, but my heart aches for the dirty girl.  If I ever let my STI get that dirty please shoot me.  

edit: tomorrow I want to drive it to work, but first I want to take a decibel reading of the exhaust and see how legal or illegal it is.  I’m also going to get a compression tester and try to see what’s going on there.

I’ve also decided to lower my standards for my short term goals with this car.  It’s been running like hot garbage for eight years apparently.  Right now I’m desperate to get it to idle and quiet down the exhaust so I’m legal, and hopefully get it to pass inspection.  I’ll attempt to sort out the other stuff next year, after the holidays when I have money again.

29ABD409-DD30-49CE-96B5-779BF7ED0428.jpeg

Edited by toomanynooks
Rabble rabble I love my haunted car that I’ve had recurring dreams about for 20 years.
  • Like 1