Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wanted: 1985 Subaru GL (front) upper interior door armrests

Hey guys,

I have a parts request, which is exclusive to only the 1985 GL model.

I'd like to get a set of the interior door (front) upper vinyl coated armrests for moms car. She has the 1985 version, and this part is different because the outside side mirrors are mounted to the body......not through the window like the 1986-1994 ones. The 1985 one doesnt have part of it cutout for the triangle plastic cover section.

The vinyl condition is not important, I only need the raw plastic molded parts......since Ill have them reupholstered with new vinyl anyway.

I have a picture of my old 1986 one, but the part I need MUST be from the 1985 model only.

Any of you got a set to sell?

I'll take the rear set too if you have them as well. 

20191112_083816.jpg

Edited by Checkerboard Comet

7 hours ago, Turkeyberry said:

Are we talking about the top brown part that has the door lock on it? Or the part the is attached on the fabric part next to the window handle. I have an 85 and might be able to help depending on what part you need 

Checkerboard comment is talking about the top piece with he door lock and release handle in it. 

I too have front and rears from an ‘84 L series sedan. But I’m in Oz and postage can be a killer when leaving our country... if you need/want them though I can check out postage options. 

Regards 

Bennie

1 hour ago, el_freddo said:

Checkerboard comment is talking about the top piece with he door lock and release handle in it. 

I too have front and rears from an ‘84 L series sedan. But I’m in Oz and postage can be a killer when leaving our country... if you need/want them though I can check out postage options. 

Regards 

Bennie

It has to be a 1985 model though. This part was in this specific design for that one year only.

I have a 85 GL wagon and my panel looks exactly like yours I'll post a picture in a bit. 

Do you have a picture of the 85 panels you are looking for? I could model mine and 3d print a set it would take time mostly but would be "new" and not expensive. Depending on if they are what you are looking for or not. 

1 hour ago, Checkerboard Comet said:

It has to be a 1985 model though. This part was in this specific design for that one year only.

I’m not following what the difference is. The ‘84 had the window mounted on the door panel too. 

And my ‘88 that I daily doesn’t have any cut out in the upper arm rest for the triangle piece that covers the mirror mount above the door line. 

You have caught my curiosity on this one. 

Cheers 

Bennie

I'll try to snap a pic of moms car tomorrow without her knowing.  If she sees me, she will know I'm up to something....lol.

I'd like to replace hers with a new uphostered/restored one. But she gets weird about modifying her original stuff, so wouldn't let me do it to hers.

Which is why I want to just get another one and fix up that one. The vinyl on hers is turning to dust now on the top from years of sun damage.

I'll post a pic of the one that came out of mine showing the difference for that triangle piece tomorrow, you'll see what I'm talking about.

1 hour ago, Checkerboard Comet said:

Pictures are good...

The parts car that has the piece on it is an hour’s drive away at my parent’s farm. Earliest at this stage would be next weekend. 

If your mum gets suss - use some BS magic that a forum member is curious about the 85 model door setup with the mirror. Be sure to then take some exterior pics too ;) :D 

Cheers 

Bennie

• Haha 1

Yes, those are what I need!

Here is my old one, see the cutout and raised edge for the inside triangle cover plate?

Please PM me, I'll want all 4 of them (front and rear) with the rubber window parts that are screwed into them.

I'm in Seattle. 

20191116_221941.jpg

Yeah I see what you’re talking about with the triangle trim piece. And I’ve never seen side mirrors like that. I’m sure our ‘84 side mirrors are different - alabit trashed since the car was stolen and driven through a cyclone fence (years ago now!) 

p5120150.jpg 

nope, they’re the same style. LHS mirror is gone. 

Cheers 

Bennie

• 1 month later...