Ultimate Subaru Message Board

07 forester xt

armedequation

backstory: so back in 2015 i had purchased an 05 forester xt 5 speed and loved it. unfortunately due to a blizzard in 2016, black ice and a random huge snowdrift on top, i ended up going into a tree and totaled it (was only going 20mph). thats the only accident that ive ever been in and i had my baby boy in the car. thankfully no one was injured except it was the death of the fxt. I bought an 05 outback xt to replace it but it just wasnt the same. my wife refers to that fxt as "the one that got away". Due to timing and not so great jobs and some horrible student loans, i havent had a chance to get another fxt even though i have been looking every day for one. Its been a lot of hard work and some good luck running into General Disorder (right person at the right time) at the right time but ive found me another fxt. I will be flying to portland december 6th to pick it up and road tripping it back to colorado

i dont know much but heres what i know:    

07 forester xt limited world rally blue

• 5speed 
  • built engine by General Disorder 
  • 18gxt-r turbo
  • v2 accessport
  • will be tuned by GD's shop 
  • turbo xs tmic
  • gfb electronic bov
  • front/rear strut tower braces
  • new turbo back exhaust

i dont have all the details yet but i cant think of a better christmas gift than this. coming from GD, i know it will be top quality stuff. i am currently in the research phase but plan to add a 6 speed and brake upgrade next year. from there i will decide a few things like suspension, wheels and a few other goodies. hope to add the rear spoiler as well.

i have already annoyed the wife with a countdown of hours until i get the car lol....it will look awesome next to Lt Dan (90 lifted loyale)

20190823_172617(1)_resize_88.jpg

20190823_172605_resize_28.jpg

20190906_212151_compress34.thumb.jpg.11a459873534e2f5f079c507887b99a2.jpg

Edited by armedequation

a little update that GD gave me. car is having some paint done this weekend. next week the engine get dropped in , tuned and tested! Guess the headlights had moisture in them so they took care of that and are putting 2011 wrx heads on it. he was also able to get a rear spoiler for it!

Just wanted to say that General Disorder has been awesome to work with. <------cant say this enough

on a side note i kind of had a freak out moment. i got a 1 way ticket through frontier and the other night i got an email saying that the ticket had been changed. when i called i got a messege saying that it was a computer glitch, to check online and that call wait times were over 60 minutes. when i checked online everything was fine. I used to like flying when i was younger, now it just seems like a huge hassle

countdown: roughly 312 hours give or take a few

20191116_143829_compress42.jpg

20191116_143921_compress8.jpg

20191116_144015_compress95.jpg

20191116_143942_compress77.jpg

Edited by armedequation
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

looks like i may be doing the trip solo. my wing man for the trip is a store manager for dollar general and it looks like they have to let the assistant manager go if you know what i mean which means he has to open and close 

im looking for suggestion on a good stereo head unit. im looking for a cd player with an auxilary jack. 

also debating on getting snow tires for the trip back to colorado. no idea what the weather will be like but we are supposedly getting around a foot of snow up here on tuesday...

Lucky i cant tell you how crazy this is. i owe it to GD for this opportunity. if it wasnt for him i probably wouldnt have anything close to this kind of vehicle. its like im on an episode of overhaulin..

Edited by armedequation
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

a little update:

GD said dyno went well and car is dialed in after 3 pulls on the dyno. numbers are 352hp, 369tq with room to grow! it at the body shop for paint and should be ready thursday. Cant begin to tell you how easy GD has made this. i have no apprehension about getting in this car and driving it 18 hours home

i confirmed my flight for friday, scheduled a lyft from pdx to his shop and got insurance for the forester. roughly 70 hours until "d" day!

d being dream car day lol

GD if you feel like adding anything feel free to do so! 

Bennie

i keep having these wierd dreams about going really fast with my hair on fire. i hope i get better sleep the next 2 nights as im gonna try to go straight back. if nothing else get a few hours of sleep at a truck stop or rest area. im gonna try not to do the return trip cannonball run style which might be hard lol. speaking of that i guess the record was just broken last month. guys went from ny city to california in just over 27 hours. their top speed was 193 and averaged 103. i definitely want to keep my license lol

i got clued in by my lyft driver. guess when theres no wind that all the smog just hovers.

got to meet Rick and his crew and they are a fantastic bunch. made me feel like family and to me theres not a better compliment. wish i had more time to spend with them. 

currently in la grange just by the idaho border. had to get gas, have a smoke and stretch the legs. car has been awesome and flys if i want it to. havent come up with a name for it yet.

okay time to keep trucking.

You guys get smog still? That’s crazy! I remember the smog induced ozone over Melbourne in the 90’s - we would see the brown dome over the city as we approached from our rural setting. We would always come home with headaches after a visit to the big smoke. 

Now that’s a very rare event, if it happens at all these days. 

Thats so good with the experience you’ve had with GD and his crew. From an outside perspective and not ever having done business with GD (never will due to locations), it was awesome to read about the communication from GD’s workshop and yourself through what you shared with us on here. Very positive!! 

Have a safe drive, lay off the smokes (it’s bushfire season!) and enjoy the ride! ;) 

Cheers 

Bennie

• Thanks 1

sorry i havent updated this. ive been recovering and working. car did amazing and is amazing! its everything i hoped for and more. engine performed flawlessly and car did great in some pretty horrid weather. idaho had ground level clouds that produced ice while wyoming had 70+ mph winds blowing drifts onto a highway that has an 80mph speed limit. 10 cars had gone off the road, 2 jack knifed semis, 1 semi that caught fire and a trailer that had flipped and disintegrated on impact. google maps has it as an 18.5 hour trip driving straight through and i was able to do it in 22 by myself. my first plan of action after i take on the dmv is to get a 2nd set of rims with some studded snows

20191207_123450_compress15.jpg

20191207_081531_compress41.jpg

20191206_162603_compress52.jpg

20191207_123450_compress15.jpg

20191207_101312_compress8.jpg

20191207_112419_compress58.jpg

20191207_081234_compress4.jpg

20191207_084515_compress17.jpg

Edited by armedequation
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...

so almost done taking on the dmv and its been a pain. Rick has been awesome though and has dealt with his dmv numerous times.

Had to do my first oil change. 

decided to name it Hank Mccoy

looking at buying 08 xt tail lights. just not a fan of the chrome in them and they have moisture so i figure id replace them and paint old ones and keep them for backups.

also looking at rallitek front swaybar endlinks as these perrin ones arent staying tight on our rough dirt roads.

all i can say is that i love this car....my kids do too lol. they give the wife a hard time when they have to ride in her slow forester xs :)

eta: i also got some r8 nokian studded snows and they have worked great

Edited by armedequation

• 4 weeks later...

thanks Gren! you know you have it good when you can have the worst day possible but then you walk out to your car and your day is the best because you get to drive this. 

so plans now that taxes are done 

1) kartboy front endlinks

2) splash guards ~ not sure what kind but definitely needed due the dirt roads

3) 08 fxt sports tail lights

4) 2nd set rims and tires for every season other than winter