Ultimate Subaru Message Board

07 forester xt

armedequation

update

so had to replace the slave cylinder due to seals.

today is wash and wax day

ive ordered the kartboy endlinks and some new bushings for both front and rear swaybars.

i ended up getting a set of 05 tail lights from a very nice gentleman for $40 and they look great. i will still probably get some 08 sports but i had to get something now. the stock tails were letting in a lot of water and im not sure where it was getting in. plus this buys me some time so i can get the endlinks/bushings as well as some drag dr 38 wheels for my summer tires 

DT-45302.jpg

so a slight update. i messed up the order for new kartboy endlinks. turned out to be a good thing because i found out kartboy makes replacement bushings for them. So i will be replacing all 4 endlink bushings and the sway bar bushings. while i have the sway bars out i will be repainting them black as well. please dont mind the dirt....i live in the woods on a dirt road

I will have the wheels and all season tires installed next month by this time as well

20200513_113357_compress95.jpg

20200513_113136_compress80.jpg

20200513_113339_compress94.jpg

20200513_113303_compress99.jpg

20200513_113126_compress25.jpg

20200513_113249_compress4.jpg

20200513_113153_compress76.jpg

wow so after trying a bunch of places, I eventually got the konig myths through performance tire plus. discount tire says 3-5 days on their website but it seems a bunch of wheels are on back order and could take at least 6 to 8 weeks....possibly longer. I didnt want to wait that long.....patience is a virtue i dont have much of lol.

I ran out of time this weekend with schedule change at work but i ordered some 3m window seal off amazon. next thursday or friday i should be able to get my driver front headlight done. valley subaru wanted $420 for one headlight. Id rather try my hand at it then fork over that much. 

spoiler will be installed monday.

oh and to update, i have no more clunk. whiteline sway bar bushings and kartboy replacement endlink bushings did the trick and were an easy install

still havent figured out where i want to put the SSI sticker....it doesnt help that im not a sticker guy. I already want to debadge the trunk lid. i will take some pics of before and after spoiler install as well as current wheel/tire set and the new ones. hopefully all this takes place by next sunday!

currently also scouting out a forester sti non dccd 6 speed swap. may have to wait a while on that one though. I have a bunch of house things i need to do like rebuild my deck, new wood flooring in the kitchen and build a shed

20200529_173001_compress54.jpg

20200529_172947_compress25.jpg

Edited by armedequation

Finally got them on and they look fantastic! Everyone has black, silver, grey, gold and i was trying for something different. Let me know what you think!

1st pic - last pic with excels and snows

2nd and 3rd - wheels and tires on at shop

3rd and 4th - glamour pics in front of Longs Peak

20200605_151926_compress7.jpg

20200605_151921_compress41.jpg

20200605_145711_compress87.jpg

20200605_145722_compress92.jpg

20200605_135717_compress31.jpg

Finally got them on and they look fantastic! Everyone has black, silver, grey, gold and i was trying for something different. Let me know what you think!

1st pic - last pic with excels and snows

2nd and 3rd - wheels and tires on at shop

3rd and 4th - glamour pics in front of Longs Peak

k just reverse that order appearantly lol

They’re certainly different! Personally the factory silver is where I’m at, but it’s your vehicle and you’ve got to be the one that loves looking at it, driving it and being seen driving it! 

Keep the glamour shots coming, something up close, looking down the side of the vehicle in full sun would bring out the blue in the rims I reckon. 

Cheers 

Bennie

my phone camera doesnt do them justice. they look much better in person. in bright light the color is the same as the wrb. in shade or night they look darker.

i love the look of them!

might be a while for next set of major mods. which is block heater/flex fuel and 6 speed. ive pretty much decided on a jdm forester 6 speed non dccd so i can keep my current hubs.

20200607_080124_compress43.jpg

20200607_080134_compress58.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

rally armour mudflaps should come in by thursday.

working on double din dash pod for a nexus install

making plans to go to bandimere on the 20th of sept for the street tuner challenge. should be a fun weekend. planning on going down friday night and staying at the great wolf lodge for the kids. saturday doing my own run up pikes peak and going to bandimere on sunday

Also working on jdm sti 6 speed conversion along with a methanol kit.