Ultimate Subaru Message Board

outback 2005 , 3.0 VDC 180kw project

scalman

when lifting it on struts more then 5cm in rear began problem with axles, i just put there older gen 2001 pbk cv with shorter axles from older like imprezas foresters maybe legacys , nots sure but those older sure are shorter axles . 

i destroyed rear diff last time when i pushed 7cm lift on that in rear. so now i thought lets try shorter ones thats i used on my 2001 obk. and looks how much they changed . and really newer obk axles with cv's are lighter then older ones 

obk axles are not shorter so i used obk CV and older impreza forester axles there with same diff cv but different wheel cv so i needed to make my own shorter ones. and result they are shorter and with that let me drop rear to 7cm lifts spacers just on struts. or find longer rear struts, which bmw has , bmw rear struts are like 10 cm longer and they fit, just 10 cm is like too much, and front struts on BR obk are like 8cm longer so in front you can lift front like without any spacer just with longer obk strut, just need to cut maybe spring 1cm or smt. but for rear you need drop subframe , but you can get same looking bmw rear strut thats is 10 cm longer. i means there you go long travel for cheap  

89epDsw.jpg

Edited by scalman

• 4 weeks later...

7cm without subframe drop is not good for offroad means for articulation its too much, so get back to 5cm , but then i tried something in rear without changing too much.

so i did rear subframe drop another 1,2cm all with oem bolts so i changed nothing just put some spacers only , so i gained space in wheel arches plus with that i put back rear 7cm lift. so its 8cm in all in rear now. and cv axles now happy they not compressed too much

If4Fkub.jpg

so 5cm vs 8cm in rear 5cm still in front

NNKv5FX.jpg

Edited by scalman

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...