Ultimate Subaru Message Board

HELP. Abs, hill assist and traction control light cluster Override

Bought a wreck Subaru Impreza 2013 base wagon.

I need to pass a safety check. The VDC module does not work and I don't want to pay for fixing it.  I will never pass the safety check if the warning light or on in the cluster.

I think by reading the wiring diagram that the VDC module send data or voltage to the body integrated module that it's working fine or not. Then the body integrated module send to the macro computer that there is a fault if the VDC module does not work and the light in the cluster stay on.

How do I trick the body integrated module that the VDC module is working?

Thanks a lot!!!!

Dano6,

It is extremely foolish to:   

--    try to defeat/eliminate the safety features that are designed to keep you ... your passengers ... and others on the roads you will share from getting killed or maimed. Get a used VDC Module from eBay or a wrecking yard and fix the issue.

--    publish the fact on a public forum, where if you have a future accident that can be traced back to you defeating these safety features, the insurance investigators will have the ammunition to make your life a living hell.

I'd be very surprised that anyone here would be willing to help you put yourself and others in jeopardy.

12 minutes ago, gbhrps said:

Dano6,

It is extremely foolish to:   

--    try to defeat/eliminate the safety features that are designed to keep you ... your passengers ... and others on the roads you will share from getting killed or maimed. Get a used VDC Module from eBay or a wrecking yard and fix the issue.

--    publish the fact on a public forum, where if you have a future accident that can be traced back to you defeating these safety features, the insurance investigators will have the ammunition to make your life a living hell.

I'd be very surprised that anyone here would be willing to help you put yourself and others in jeopardy.

I have try to fix the situation. Bought a VDC module from the scap yards. Still did not work. Subaru service department say that I have to buy a new one et 3800$ Canadian. That the one that I bought could not be reprogrammed.

Dano6,

Then you should have stated that in your first post, because without that info you made it appear as if you were purposely trying to defeat the safety features. Enough said, so let's move on.

The dealerships for any car company will not install used parts on any car, because they are in business to make money, and they don't want to have any call back issues/lawsuits if the parts don't work, or there still is a problem afterwards that could come back to haunt them. And, yes, $3800 for a new module is insane. I'd be looking for an alternative too at that price.

You need to find a good independent mechanic who is willing to tackle your problem and allow them to diagnose and install any used parts for a solution. Just be certain that the module you have is for the same year, model, and equipment level.

I doubt very much as anyone here has the training and skills needed to give you the answers you need. You might try the "Ultimate Subaru Members Board" forum (USMB) and ask the same questions. There may be a subie tech there that can answer you more specifically. Good Luck!

• Like 1