Ultimate Subaru Message Board

How early Impreza seats > EA81 ?

For the ease of translation I am going to use my left seat from 93-2000 Impreza to ask questions

Having done a few not so straightforward seats into EA81 before - I think I see these as another :(

The inboard slider rail looks OK but the outer !!

is there a step by step 101 on dealing with this task?

How much of Impreza slider goes?

How much EA81 stays?

Additional materials?

i am looking and thinking ...if only I could take the pressed metal arse bucket of the Impreza and make it fit my EA81 to do away with egg slicer like wire support springs

any help appreciated

IMG_20191121_093430.jpg

I installed 04 Impreza RS seats in my Brat back in 2005. Or was it 03 seats in 04, can't remember exactly but last year without the side air bags I believe. Not sure if your older model Impreza seats are the same. Inside rail front tab was a straight bolt in. Inside rear I cut some off the back of the rail to shorten it, drilled it and bolted it into the side of the transmission tunnel. I think it was where the seat belt bolts to. Outside front tab had to have a piece of metal added and drilled so it would hit the factory hole. Seems like the back I had to drill out the hole to the inside to make it hit the factory mount hole. Also had to add three or so washers to raise it a little too. 

Link to picture of seats installed.

https://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=6013

Edited by bratman2
Add picture

Thanks for going to efforts here , I stumbled upon a good reason to go for a free scrap metal disposal trailer run and these went in it - but only after a pair of Suzuki Swift 2007? seats went in :) with minimal effort.

These are not satisfactory though, so it will be time to visit the idea of refurbishing the originals