Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Calling all EA-81 HT Coupes and owners

So I am just getting my '82 GLF back on the road and wanted to start a thread here and try to get an idea how many of these things are left on the road, specifically in the USA, and what condition they are in. Mine is largely original, factory paint in poor condition, hail dented to holy heck, the engine was replaced in the 90's and the mileage reads 240,700. But hey, it runs!

Tyler , you’ll never get much of an assessment from just the good old USMB. But it’s cool that you’re trying and hopefully you’ll find some good company as well as parts and advice.

Sure yours is rare now. I just sold those rear pillar emblems on eBay. Those are crazy to find so if you have nice ones you’d better take them off and only install them for shows. ( just kidding ) Seriously , those emblems guys practically kill each other for. Mine are about to ship to Poland ! 

As for tour sweet ride. I love those too. I’ll try to think of things to watch out for and get back. 

What colors do you have in and out ? 

On 11/21/2019 at 6:05 PM, moosens said:

Tyler , you’ll never get much of an assessment from just the good old USMB. But it’s cool that you’re trying and hopefully you’ll find some good company as well as parts and advice.

Sure yours is rare now. I just sold those rear pillar emblems on eBay. Those are crazy to find so if you have nice ones you’d better take them off and only install them for shows. ( just kidding ) Seriously , those emblems guys practically kill each other for. Mine are about to ship to Poland ! 

As for tour sweet ride. I love those too. I’ll try to think of things to watch out for and get back. 

What colors do you have in and out ? 

Yes, my rear pillar emblems are long gone and I won't make a big fuss about trying to replace them. My car is White exterior with navy interior, and a grey crack free dash I had as a spare.

14 hours ago, carfreak85 said:

I've got an 84,000 mile EA81T '84 hardtop.  Needs some work, but she'll be on the road before too long.

Very good. I believe I sold you an ea-81 turbo ECM within the last year. Just by chance I had everything to do a turbo swap but I don't like computers and I do like carbs so I kept it original.