Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have a 2000 Forester automatic with 260k KM that is pretty much 2WD due to the transfer clutch not working properly.....most of the time it won't engage but the rare times that it does it engages with a distinct 'thump' and full drive which leads me to think its grooved the basket or hub or both rather that it being a solenoid fault.

So my question is, is there anywhere online that does a 'kit' with all the bits i'd need to replace the clutch basket, hub and plates etc?.....

I asked at my local subaru dealer's parts desk....and got blank looks from everyone followed by.... 'we can supply you a rebuilt transmission if its not working properly.'.......the annoying part is that trans is running beautifully apart from only being 4wd when it feels like it.

Cheers

Callum

Edited by LPGforester
forgot tag

look the parts up yourself online.  Subaru OEM parts sites have exploded view diagrams showing all the parts.  

Ask for the parts manager or try a different dealer. Clearly the person you talked to just didn’t know how to look it up on a computer, or did and communication just didn’t go well. 

Or if you went in pounding your fist or being abrasive and condescending try being polite.

19 hours ago, idosubaru said:

Ask for the parts manager or try a different dealer. Clearly the person you talked to just didn’t know how to look it up on a computer, or did and communication just didn’t go well. 

Or if you went in pounding your fist or being abrasive and condescending try being polite.

I'm not sure how things are in the states but here getting much interest out of official dealers for anything more that standard service and common wear parts for anything that is much more that 5 or 6 years old a bit of a hopeless mission most of the time and clutch parts for an auto box are not something that i can get aftermarket here.....being Mr Angry at the parts counter this time is somewhat unhelpful next time you want an OEM brake caliper overhaul kit or whatever.

I was hoping that there was an OEM clutch rebuild kit available....plan B is to get a porked trans off a friend and pull it apart and use it as a 'have i got all the parts i need?' template for buying all the parts i need before i pull my daily driver off the road to fix it.