Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New member here

Title says it all! Hi all, hope you guys had a great thanksgiving! Looking to get some help with my Subaru, but I first thought I would introduce myself a little. I am an owner of a 05 LGT 5EAT and well the car has been through a lot...I will just leave it at that. Anyways, hoping to get some great insight from y'all. Hope you have a great rest of your day and nice to meet you all!

I had an 05 OBXT 5MT for several years.. Sold it in March. They are comfortable and fun when sorted but my god mine took a lot to get there. Lots of suspension work and I had to totally rebuild my 130K mi engine shortly after I bought it because, well, it was fu^$*ed. Ran great after that but after I moved from ME it didn't make sense to keep. 

Tokyo Roki oil filters and Rotella T6 every 4-6k keeps them going forever. Always have cash on hand for tires too. The LGT's are a little better than the Outbacks, but still.

What's your mileage?

5 minutes ago, tylertrend said:

I had an 05 OBXT 5MT for several years.. Sold it in March. They are comfortable and fun when sorted but my god mine took a lot to get there. Lots of suspension work and I had to totally rebuild my 130K mi engine shortly after I bought it because, well, it was fu^$*ed. Ran great after that but after I moved from ME it didn't make sense to keep. 

Tokyo Roki oil filters and Rotella T6 every 4-6k keeps them going forever. Always have cash on hand for tires too. The LGT's are a little better than the Outbacks, but still.

What's your mileage?

Nice, not the selling part though! I have close to 190K on the chassis, about 70-75K on the engine. Got the engine August of last year, and then it took a s**t and had to replace the engine. Have to replace shocks and struts, got a oil leak which I think where its leaking from (I check the oil level everyday to make sure it is not low and have some oil on hand), needs alignment and balance but after I do the shocks and struts, transmission mount sounds shot, and going to upgrade the pitch stop mount and well last week it kept dying when I tried going into gear...P0700 & P1718. Took off the positive battery cable for 5 minutes, started up and it ran and drove, still does. CEL was on for 2 days and then it went off but stored the code. I purchased a used TCM, but was just made aware the ECM could be faulty or a loose/poor connection.

Mods:

SPT Intake

EBC

Perrin Intercooler

Exhaust

Road Tuned

(Most) Banjo Filter delete

Sorry for the lengthy reply lol.