Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ok so I have a 95 Subaru wagon legacy after being down for almost a year I finally got the clutch fixed so yea I'm thinking oh yeah I get my car back.whatever.so now what is it OMG I was told it was my CV axle really so had someone pull it out now I need a cheap-cheap-cheap CV axle fix what can I do ????

1. maybe it's not the CV axle. 

2. you should tell us the problems you're having and what is exactly is wrong. 

If it is the axle - used axles are $15-$30 all day long.  look for a green inner housing (this indicated it's an OEM SUbaru axle).  
www.car-part.com

You can use 2000-2004 legacy/outback axles, they have better, longer lasting, boots, and in some areas are easier to find than 90's stuff. 

Or you can simply reboot your existing axle if it's Subaru.  If it's an aftermarket axle don't even bother rebooting it, just get a used Subaru axle. 

A half shaft parts and labor should cost your about $200 by "someone", which I assume you meant some non-professional.

The part alone is about $100 and they are readily available. For a questionable car it really doesn't matter what you install. Getting someone to pull one off a wrecked car will cost you about the same.

Since the car has not been running in a year there are many other things that could be wrong, such as bad gas, rusted exhaust, etc.