Ultimate Subaru Message Board

How Many Members of USMB?

It’s way past it’s peak (the USMB) due to the face dook trend which has made good men into .... ok I’ll stop there.

Many folks who I electronically rubbed elbows with HERE are now gone and have found FB a place they feel comfy. I think it blows. Not the time for debate and there’s good aspects of it as well as the B/S. Just too much B/S. 

So as far as membership goes I don’t know what we topped off at. 

Used to see statistics like that on here somewhere. Bottom of the page. But we’ve changed providers and whatnot. 

Maybe there’ll be a resurgence one day. Who knows. Features like adding pictures sure help. 

Took me TWENTY YEARS but I finally got out West and met some of the really great folks who have made this board a great place to hang out for over two decades now. The WCSS is a cool event which the USMB members had a lot to do with. 

Thats a little bit of yappin’ about the USMB. 

Maybe one one of those guys like Legacy777 will show up and give details. 

• Like 4

I started on the newsgroup (alt.autos.subaru), still check in occasionally, Forums killed those....there's always a newer platform. I guess I may never have a FB page, though, as my grandchildren get older, it's possible I might skip some tech and join/use w'ever some future tech that will allow me keep some contact with them.

I can barely use my phone lol!

Edited by 1 Lucky Texan

It is unfortunate that the forums are going the way that they are. I don't Facebook. At all. 

Which is a problem here, as both of the local Subaru Clubs ONLY use facebook.  Makes it pretty much impossible to be included in the local 'scene.' sometimes makes it hard to get or sell parts. I have only met about 4 people around here that still use this forum. 

Thank you guys for chiming in. I like the USMB and prefer its purpose over Facebook. Not that I don't use FB but that's a social platform, as far as I'm concerned. The USMB is a learning place, with great resources and knowledgeable people.

I was just curious as to how many sign-on member there were here, not necessarily active members. 

• Like 1