Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey guys i have a 96 legacy outback with power locks. Im assuming power locks are standard but not sure, is there a way to tell if it has key less entry/factory alarm? When i got the car it came with just one key and it was a copy and no key fobs. If it does not have keyless entry, if i just get a factory module for it will it be plug and play or is the factory wiring not present?

On my 98 impreza outback sport, it came with a "subaru factory alarm" sticker on the window.  The keyfob had the subaru logo.  But taking things apart it looked like a generic code-alarm unit.  It was wiretapped into the harness, no plugs on the car.  There was a subaru security booklet that came with the car.  I bought the car used sometime in 2017.  Guessing subaru rebadged the code-alarm units as a dealer installed option back in the day.

8 hours ago, 1 Lucky Texan said:

cars101.com has a history of the security systems, also, fyi, I nothised that Duracell offers some replacement fobs now for some systems, not sure how far back they go.

example; https://duracellremotes.com/products/item/6603

read the fine print, tho.. NO electronics.. case & battery only.

• Like 1