Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Counterfeit NGK plugs, youtube links

Right , but my local is also one of the best dealers on eBay. So all that eBay biz they do , and they aren’t ripping people off. BrusBro goes there too. You get a discount online and do NOT when I walk in. Wasn’t like that before the internet but so it goes. 

So I have to go on my phone and order stuff from their customer waiting area while I enjoy crappy free snacks and water. 

May next older brother was a Subaru tech and insisted we all buy dealer. I sure do stick to that as best as I can.

But it’s like it is. We are worn n torn busy as all hell and money isn’t exactly overflowing. So a poor boy does what he thinks is best. 

There are real honest dealers selling on eBay and the discounts amount to much more than just lunch and beer. So I will find those folks. 

I think the advice about eBay is to truly check the source. Bottom line.

There’s at least three major good dealers I can think of selling on eBay including the “beloved” SubieGal who works as the parts manager , I think , at one of those heavy duty Washington dealers. 

Be cautious. Enjoy. 

• 2 weeks later...

We don’t have so much luck here in the Spanish islands; the one Subaru dealer is super expensive, but I do buy from them my gaskets, seals, and certain one-off parts (like a flywheel).

Other parts stores mainly only stock aftermarket-quality parts such as Blueprint etc. 

I have great difficulty in finding Japanese parts such as Denso or NGK. I have bought loads of stuff on the internet as it gives me the choice to buy the parts I want. Including a stock of NGK plugs!

Perhaps I should make do with what is available in store but I don’t think the car would like it.

I will certainly be looking out for the fakers, but I’m a seasoned dab-hand at getting a good deal and/or refunds.   

I wince when I look over the Subarupartsdeal site and similar, often selling the parts I need at a third of the local price. The delivery  (usually not available) and high import costs make it prohibitive.

I did use jp-carparts for some really obscure pieces for the Vivio restauration, even down to a genuine brand new glovebox handle replacement.

So yes, I would use a good parts store if I knew I was getting top-end replacement parts, but this is not the case, so internet shopping is here to stay.

At  least ebay provides customer protection, and this has never let me down.

Thanks for the heads ‘up!

Edited by Mitchy
Typo