Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey guys im trying to do a full exhaust system on my 96 obw, its a 2.2 5spd. I am looking for a exhaust manifold and cat back system, but everything im finding is for a 2.5 and the sedan. Will 2.5 manifolds fit a 2.2 and a sedan exhaust fit a wago?

You most likely have a single port exhaust on the 96 2.2.  You can find the aftermarket Y-Pipes and they are pretty good.

Cats you can't get from the yards anymore, but can find them used.  I have a few in Colorado Springs, CO.

Mid and rear exhaust pipes can be swapped out.  Just  need to match the length.

• Like 1

Partsgeek.com has the Y-pipe with single port.

RockAuto.com has the center pipe for an Outback. Click the INFO button.

You can also download the PDF parts manual from Walker and AP Exhaust and get part numbers and then find someone that sells that brand.

23 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Look at the bottom of the head where the exhaust Y-pipe connects. It will have 1 or 2 pipes going to the head.

So would this be a dual port style? If i recall from when i did my oil change this was what the manifold looked like

exhaust_headers_na.jpg

Yes, that is duel port.

I am surprised because partsgeek lists the 96  2.2 as a single port. It lists the 2.5 as a dual port.

Our 97 had the single port, but I changed the heads to 95 heads because they have hydraulic lifters and they have dual port like in your picture, so I had to use the 95 Y-Pipe.

2 hours ago, Rampage said:

Yes, that is duel port.

I am surprised because partsgeek lists the 96  2.2 as a single port. It lists the 2.5 as a dual port.

Our 97 had the single port, but I changed the heads to 95 heads because they have hydraulic lifters and they have dual port like in your picture, so I had to use the 95 Y-Pipe.

Oh ok, i will definitely take a closer look

5 hours ago, lmdew said:

I most likely have a complete exhaust for it in Colorado.  Shipping is not cheap but neither are cats.  What's up with yours that you are changing it?

Did it come from the rust belt?

I think the car came from the east coast,  it it all rusty and cracked in spots. The previous owner "welded" parts together instead if replacing burnt out gaskets

On 1/11/2020 at 7:47 PM, Cfoust said:

Hey guys im trying to do a full exhaust system on my 96 obw, its a 2.2 5spd.

Verify.  Originally that had a single port exhaust, but you're thinking dual.  First task is to look and take a photo or verify this.  Could have easily had an engine swap....or three.