Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Weber install help EA81

Hey I'm needing help installing a weber 32/36 on my 84 BRAT. I have the carburetor mounted but I'm very confused on which lines to hook up to the carb. I notice in front of the carb there's inlets and on the back driver's side portion there's a big inlet to plug in hoses. Another thing I need help with is, where exactly is the electric connector that plugs into the front of the carb? I cannot find it in my engine, unless that's a separate part I must buy aside from the kit. 

For reference I have this carb specifically: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Weber-Carb-Kit-32-36-DGEV-Electric-chke-fits-Subaru-1976-1989-1600-1800-OHV-EA71/271313887887?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

This is my first time installing a carb, so thanks !

should only need 2 hoses for the carb, vacuum and fuel.  im more up on ea82 stuff but hopefully im correct with what I remember.

stock carb has 3 fuel lines.  1 fuel line to feed the carb, one return line, and a gas tank vent.  most webers are run dead ended, which means just a fuel inlet line and you leave the others unplugged.  you can buy another nipple for the weber or an inline fuel filter with an outlet to run the return line if you wish (lets the fuel circulate and the carb takes what it wants).  the tank vent must be open though you can put a filter or other type of guard on it if your worried about stuff getting in (very rare).

small vacuum line nipple should run to the distributor.  many other cars run manifold vacuum for the distributor but if you do that on a subaru it will run the timing way up, so make sure your distributor is hooked to the carb.

make sure your pvc system is hooked up correctly.  there are posts here with diagrams and such, but when you remove the old airbox you can mess up the flow.  clean air in (weber air cleaner to passenger side valve cover) hose out to pcv valve (drivers side valve cover to just below carb in rear).  some experience oil burning in turns and such, just search it out if you do.  you can install a catch can, or vent the tube a bit (hole in the straw effect).

electric connection is the electric choke.  should be there somewhere.  if not you can run a new wire, just google weber electric choke instal and you should find something on the first page.

there are 2 large diameter hoses coming from plastic boxes behind each head (assuming everything is stock).  make sure they are plugged or you will get loud pops from the exhaust (called afterfires) from air getting in with unmixed fuel. you can remove the whole system at this point, theres some write ups here.

should get you started anyway