Ultimate Subaru Message Board

need '87 DL wagon corner light and passenger side front wheel assembly

hey old gen friends, 

recently came back to my wagon parked on the street here in New York City and found my driver side corner light smashed, so looking for a replacement. 

Also been hearing some grinding in the front end on the passenger side. I need to track down a complete front passenger side wheel assembly (bearing, hub, spindle).

If anyone has these parts for sale, please let me know, I need the corner light to pass inspection which is coming up soon and from the sound of things, also need to replace the front passenger side wheel assembly ASAP as well. 

thanks, 

Glen 

Screenshot_20200129-094201_Gallery.jpg

I will look and see if I have a spare parking lamp assembly that will fit.

On the other hand, as far as the passenger side wheel assembly, what indicates that you need to replace the entire setup? Have you considered just replacing the wheel bearings, or is there some type of unrepairable damage to it?

On 1/29/2020 at 11:57 AM, carfreak85 said:

I've got a complete set of DL lamp assemblies for sale.  The driver's side corner lamp does have some cracks, but looks complete.  I'd be willing to sell you the entire setup, but I'm not really interested in splitting parts from the set.

Matt, 

thanks, the corner lamp has been pretty tough to track down here on the east coast, would be great if you have one. 

with the passenger side front wheel assembly, it's probably just the bearing, but had some difficulty in the past w/ don't just the bearing, and not the hub as well. figured the spindle might come with it, and would rather not chance it and generally make it easier to replace. 

1 hour ago, GlenSz said:

Matt, 

thanks, the corner lamp has been pretty tough to track down here on the east coast, would be great if you have one. 

with the passenger side front wheel assembly, it's probably just the bearing, but had some difficulty in the past w/ don't just the bearing, and not the hub as well. figured the spindle might come with it, and would rather not chance it and generally make it easier to replace. 

The bearings on these are relatively simple. I have replaced them on all wheels on my loyale, and they are identical to what your DL uses. I'm not sure what spindle you are referring to since the axle shaft passes through the hub/bearing assembly. It is a press fit application, so if you have access to a shop press or a reputable shop, you should be able to remove the hub, remove the old bearings, install the new with new seals and put it right back together. I lightly coat the bearing surface on the axle and it will push right back through the new bearings. Tighten your axle nut to spec, and you are good. 

resource.png

Edited by loyalematt