Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My work is having me put a short block in a 13 Legacy, 4 cylinder, to address oil consumption.  I am a Toyota technician, and have done a handful of head gaskets and pistons in Toyotas, but have little to know engine experience with Subaru.

Are there any additional resources or videos you guys know of on that repair?  Otherwise, I will just be following alldata.
I have seen countless accounts from Toyota technicians of blowing up FRS motors doing the Valve Spring recall. I have also seen weird posts about the cam gears spinning or not locking.  Just trying to educate myself as much as I can before attempting the repair.

I'd work off the Subaru FSM and call it a day.  I assume the alldata stuff should be similar or the same?

The NA Subaru's aren't that tricky, don't require special tools or processes, if you're already accustomed to a shop environment then this won't be hard except that it's all new and maybe a relatively steep learning curve and totally unfamiliar if you're used to another brand. 

I guess you might want crank and cam hold down tools but Subaru's are routinely easy to work around and get off without them. 

If the CVT is like previous Subaru transmissions, make sure the torque converter is fully seated.  If the engine is installed and the converter isn't fully seated the auto trans oil pump will crack. But maybe you're already familiar with that in toyota world?  Anyway it's probably the most common costly goof up.