Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Finally decided to plunk down some coin for Wheels, tires, TPMS sensors, and also the electronics needed to dump the old TPMS codes and install new ones.

Ordered 205-65-16 Blizzak ws-90's, steel wheels, and they installed the Schrader S074 sensors, mounted and balanced, shipped to my door.

Well packed for shipping, guess they ship so many they have it down by now.

Got them on the other day, fitment was good to the wheel wells, then the fun started.

I bought the ATEQ Quick set tool to upload the TPMS codes after downloading Summer wheel codes.

After installing the software on the computer, followed the instructions to download codes from ECU for summer sensors.

That went fine.  Tried to type in the sensor codes that TireRack gave me, software said code to long, or then incorrect format.

Tried dropping digits, changing the code from decimal, to Hexidecimal.  Nothing worked. :banghead:

Sent a help desk ticket to customer service at ATEQ on the issue.  Surprisingly I got a response in less than an hour.

They told me there was a know "bug" in the software but they had a back door work around to get it to accept codes.

Installed the codes, woke up the sensors, and drove.

Light went out and stayed out :banana:

Just my story, maybe it will help out someone else.