Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2008 Forester radiator issue

I recently did a coolant change on my 2008 Forester X, auto transmission. I was smelling coolant and had to top it off a couple of times (thin king maybe some residual spilled antifreeze and needing to top of because of a few air bubbles surfacing) but tonight I noticed some wetness around the seam nea rthe top of the radiator where the top tank joins the core soo I'm thinking a small leak has developed at the seam.

I'm guessing there is no effective way to repair it so it looks like I'll need a new radiator. Any recommendations on radiator brand or where to buy?

I put the full aluminum one in my 2006.  The fan assy would not work, but I had older independent fans that went right in.  

Also when I did mine, just moving the PS hose caused it to suck air.  I put some clamps on the hose and it solved the problem.  You may want to change the hose.

I have been buying more and more parts form Rockauto.com. Quality is good, so is pricing. I generally buy their mid priced offerings, not the cheapest, or most expensive. Rock Auto delivers quickly, and if a return is necessary, they will send you a Fed ex return label on line that discounts cost of return at the Fed ex store.