Ultimate Subaru Message Board

$150 for 15 minutes

I just bought a 90 automatic loyale for $150.I was gonna  use it to drive to college while I found a clutch pedal,clutch cable, and front axles to ej22+5 speed dr swap it.I bought it then came back later with a friend to help me drive it home.2 blocks from the PO's house the throttle started sticking.Opened the hood and fiddled with the throttle while in was at WOT, and got it to settle down to about 2-3k so I went about my way.I was going down a long hill at about 40 and went to accelerate and nothing happened,at the bottom of that hill was a bridge and it stalled out less than 100 ft onto the bridge.It wouldnt start,its old crappy battery was just clicking the starter.Just as I was about to open the hood and check it out when a good sumaritan pulled up and pulled the loyale across the bridge and into a parking lot.I open the hood and some how in just 15 minutes of driving the crank pulley bolt had misplaced itself,and the crank pulley was just dangling by the v belt.The oil pressure and temp gauges dont work in the loyale so no idea how hot it got but warm/hot air was coming out of the heater vents so it must have been cooking with no water pump.With my history with EA82's and subarus in general I know I'm gonna be needing to fix the headgaskets soon, so its just gonna get parked until I ej swap it.Never had a car blow up on me just driving it across town after buying it before, so maybe it will be problem free later.It still runs,I jump started it when I got home and it promptly revved to 7500 RPM until I disconnected the jumper cables then it stalled out...