Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Just noticed/discovered coolant collecting on the right rear side of the engine.  Fairly sufficient leak.  Dripping down on the motor mount.  At a lose at what is the source.  Can't see any coolant hoses on that side of the engine. Is there one for the throttle body?  Is there a temp sensor in the area?  

The link above just goes around in a circle and ends up back here on the forum.

Try this one: http://www.subarupartsdeal.com

EDIT: FYI, when I google SubaruPartsDeal, it appears that they are owned by Genuine Parts Giant, Inc., which supplies parts for all types of cars.

Edited by forester2002s

On 2/28/2020 at 4:43 PM, Numbchux said:

Yep, there's a steel line under the intake manifold, with a little rubber hose up to the throttle body, that's likely your culprit. Can be capped off or bypassed.

B12_03601087.png

I love Toyotapartsdeal.com, and they have a Subaru counterpart (www.subarupartsdeal.com)

You nailed it.  Took a closer look this morning with the "air tube" removed and noticed one of the hose clamps was installed wrong.  My fault when I pulled the engine 2 years ago to correct another one of my screw ups.  Took the wife out for dinner and put 60 miles on the engine and no leak.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, john in KY said:

You nailed it.  Took a closer look this morning with the "air tube" removed and noticed one of the hose clamps was installed wrong.  My fault when I pulled the engine 2 years ago to correct another one of my screw ups.  Took the wife out for dinner and put 60 miles on the engine and no leak.  

Awesome good to hear john.  

On 2/28/2020 at 5:13 PM, forester2002s said:

The link above just goes around in a circle and ends up back here on the forum.

Try this one: http://www.subarupartsdeal.com

EDIT: FYI, when I google SubaruPartsDeal, it appears that they are owned by Genuine Parts Giant, Inc., which supplies parts for all types of cars.

Whoops. Tried to just add [url ] tags....fixed now.

Yes, it's the same company. I haven't bought Subaru parts there, but I've bought others. I use their website all the time, as it will actually show you if a part is discontinued.

12 hours ago, john in KY said:

Glad it was an easy fix!